Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Twitter Tips and Tricks (To Avoid)

As I approach my lofty goal of 5,000 twitter followers in one year (Joined July 4th, 2011), I wanted to share some twitter tips for those of you who may be new to the whole thing.

I love the twitter follow-unfollow trick to try to inflate your numbers. People follow you and then a few days later, unfollow you, thinking you wont see or find out. People...we know. Don't do it.

 
 With the amount of twitter apps, products and programs out there, we will find out soon enough. I'm not going to name any of the programs, but suffice to say there are a few and they are free for the most part. Anyone that unfollows me will also be unfollowed, too. Just FYI. So, my advice: Unfollow at your own risk.


Also, the True-tweet validation thing...I don't do it anymore. If you require authentication, I'm just not going to follow you. It's nothing personal, I just don't have the time and energy to do it all. I do follow most everyone back who follows me. Unless I find that you are a spammer or a 'team follow back' or something like that.

Any artist, writer, reader, musician, actor or wanna-be-whatever, I will follow you back!

And one more thing...if someone doesn't follow you back after 2 hours, don't unfollow them if you can help it. Give someone a reasonable amount of time to follow you back before assuming they don't want to.

I hope this has been enlightening to my friends in the twitter-verse and those would-be-tweeters attempting to enter said lands.

Please use twitter safely and avoid drinking and typing. Maybe.

Thanks for listening to my rant.Oh, And MATURATION PROCESS will be FREE again for the final two days of the KDP Select this Friday & Saturday (May 31 & Junes 1st)  for those who missed it. Enjoy!

See you in Wothlondia! Cheers! And on Skulldust Circle! Join now!

Photo from Stock.xchng

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I thinc drunking possibly imprives my typizng. Letz see ... (reaches For wine bortle)

    Thanks for the tips, Gary. I've only ever unfollowed a few very annoying people who were sending a zillion Tweets a day. Most Tweeps seem to be the real deal.
    Yup, drinking helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I am glad that it is working for some people! Thanks for the comment, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge
    website design

    ReplyDelete